Here's a quick catch-up of developments in FOREST.
I've been working much more on FOREST than Fjord or JSON-Mash recently, and it's coming along very nicely.
Actually, I've been lying flat out in bed with Pneumonia (and various other consequent ailments) for several weeks, so have been quietly tip-tapping away on a laptop resting on my tum, when I've had the energy.
Which has given me a chance to tidy up and finish off some FOREST stuff that I started last year...
- There's a FOREST Website: http://forest-roa.org/
- There are some fun slides about FOREST on that Website
- There's a chapter about FOREST in an upcoming book
- There's the beginnings of a Java implementation of FOREST, called "NetMash"
- That implementation runs the example from the chapter
- I've submitted a FOREST proposal to the Emerging Languages track at OSCON
Why Emerging Languages? FOREST has much to say about approaches to Declarative Programming and Concurrency. Update: I just learned that my proposal wasn't chosen.